Here are the most important rules for the Nevis Triathlon:
- Drafting off another competitor or motor vehicle is forbidden. The draft zone will be a rectangle 7 meters long by 3 meters wide.
- The bike, helmet and transition bags have to be checked in Friday to allow time for competitors to make modifications, if necessary, to comply with the rules.
- Race Marshals' instructions have to be followed. Protests must be made in written to the Referee.
- Littering is not allowed. Competitors throwing away bike bottles, packaging of bars and gels or the like will be disqualified immediately.
- It is mandatory to swim without your race number. It must be worn on your lower back for the bike and on your front for the run.
- Escorting is forbidden.
- Relays must pass on the timing chip in order to be classified.
- Nevis Triathlon abides by rules set by the WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) Code. Age group athletes can also be drug tested.
- Smiles and good mood are mandatory in order to start at Nevis Triathlon.
- The Race Director’s decision is final in all cases.
- Racers must be properly attired for a Triathlon race, in particular:
Approved hard helmet
Jersey or top